IoD NI chairman Gordon Milligan commented:
“Here in Northern Ireland, we are privileged to have many outstanding business leaders operating across multiple industries and sectors and making an impact on both the local and international stage.
“Following what has been an unprecedented year for business, we believe that it is essential that our exceptional leaders receive the recognition they deserve as we begin to focus on post pandemic recovery.
“With this in mind, I am encouraging business leaders to enter or nominate others for this year’s Director of the Year Awards, ahead of the extended 18th October closing date.
“We have already received a high level of entries of the highest calibre across all categories, and we wish the best of luck to all entrants, as they seek to continue the Northern Ireland success story.”
Last year’s awards saw Kainos Group CEO Brendan Mooney presented with the Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice, with Michael McCormack of Musgrave Group named the Large Business Director of the Year, while David Henry of Henry Brothers received the Family Business Director of the Year Award.
The IoD Director of the Year Awards recognise the outstanding achievements and leadership of directors in Northern Ireland across 12 categories:
- Director of the Year – Non-Executive – sponsored by Deloitte
- Director of the Year – Agility and Resilience – sponsored by Schroders Personal Wealth
- Director of the Year – Innovation – sponsored by KPMG
- Director of the Year – Young – sponsored by Carson McDowell
- Director of the Year – Public Sector – sponsored by Capita Technology Solutions
- Director of the Year – Third Sector – sponsored by Capita Technology Solutions
- Director of the Year – Family Business – sponsored by BDO Northern Ireland
- Director of the Year – International – sponsored by Invest Northern Ireland
- Director of the Year – Small to Medium Business – sponsored by Ulster University Business School
- Director of the Year – Large Business – sponsored by ABL Group
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Board and Director Practice – sponsored by AIB
- Philanthropist of the Year – sponsored by Community Foundation Northern Ireland
Following the close of applications, a shortlist will be released prior to the awards ceremony which will take place on 25th November at the Merchant Hotel, Belfast
The Director of The Year Awards are open to both members and non-members, for more information on the awards and how to enter please visit www.iod.com/ni or www.iodawards.com.
IoD NI Chairman Gordon Milligan with Orla McGerr, Head of Direct, NI, at awards headline sponsor AIB